Thursday, February 19, 2009

Roommates...*sigh*




Okay. So, she probably didn't know...but I have been having an extremely bad week. And I was angry at first, but I don't care now. Water under the bridge.

So I was getting ready for class this morning - and let me tell you it was one heck of a morning. I woke up 15 minutes after my first class started, and when I woke up I realized that I missed one of my mid-terms...I am such a space case...so I was pretty discouraged, and I am not really a morning person to begin with - so I am doing my hair, and my roommate comes in and closes the door to my room, because my roommate was sleeping...I wasn't really thinking about it...and her alarm had started to ring an hour earlier anyway.

Anyway, she goes to do something at the counter, and while she thinks I am not looking she makes this face at me. Like she's disgusted at me. Talk about an uplifting moment.

I know that my roommates don't know me that well, and that is my fault. I am never home, and when I am home, I am often sleeping, eating or in my room. I don't socialize very often. But I am not here to socialize. I am not here to get married(although It'd be nice...). I am here for school.

When I first arrived at school my roommate's cousin basically accused me of stealing her keys, which she had just gotten stuck in the couch...but my theory is, she just doesn't know me. None of them really know me. There just hasn't been time. So I understand the distance there is between us...believe me when I say I would LOVE not to feel so isolated in my house.

I don't have any hard feelings really, but rather just know that you are a catalyst in the lives of other people. My goal is to stop waling around with a disgruntled face, and try to be nicer to other people. That way hopefully when they are stressed, I might be a small glimmer of light in their dark world.

I think that not letting go of that small action this morning, could have been potentially lethal to this already crazy day. I appreciate life's little lessons. Even this one.

And my day didn't turn out so bad after all.

4 comments:

  1. Thats how my first year of college was...it was a real struggle. But I discovered the power of the random acts of kindness. (Maybe heart attack the bathroom mirror where the offence was commited)By the end of the year a couple of us were actually friends. Good luck! You are a sweet girl, let them see that even if you aren't around much. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nan! You are so great! I will definitely try this & let you know how it goes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AmyJo! You are more than welcome to come live with me :) I know you, and we have an extra bed even. I miss you and we need to do something soon. Love all the pics by the way... hot stuff girlie!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AmyJo! So great to see your comment on my blog, it is so fun to find friends and family to keep up with. I don't have much advise on roomates, I only had one set, and we were all freshmen together and just glad to be out on our own. Keep up the good work on school! So many great classes and teachers. You will always be glad of that. Leslie was so excited to hear you had similar outfits yesterday :). Make sure and take care of yourself. It will help you to ignore what you can and show compassion and good sense when you have to address something!

    ReplyDelete