Monday, July 6, 2009

small and simple things


I have to say that I did not want last week to end. It was hard to wake up, and return to real life
It was so wonderful to be around everyone, and get to see everyone's families! I remember family reunions when I was little, Oh how we have all grown! I told my Dad yesterday when we were out at Aunt Sandra's house that I am so excited for the day when my siblings can all meet together and add our children and families.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to visit with everyone. I am so blessed to have the family I do. I feel so very blessed that the Lord is so very aware of each member of my family. Every time we get together I can see His hand in our lives. There were so many tender mercies this last week that I could never have imagined, but were each a testimony of how much the Lord Loves us, and how much he wants us to succeed here in this life, and to return to Him together.
I was able to take my parents to the Rexburg temple, and then they took me to dinner. I received a fortune cookie that said,"this day will be lucky for you, and memorable." It was not only a memorable day, but a memorable week. Witnessing grandpa's blessing was truly an awesome experience. Every time I hear Uncle Scott give a blessing, I know that his gift for blessings in this family was no accident. I feel the spirit confirming his words, and I in small measure experience and understand more of the Lord's love for us.
I was able to spend time with family members, that I cherish. I cherish the moments, and I cherish the stories, but most of all I cherish the Love that we share. I cherish the 100 some pictures I got!
Each of us... are so tried in this life. And lets face it...life...wears you out. There are times I know we each feel it is all we can do just to hang on. We are put to the test, sent through the refiner's fire, But we are given families to strengthen us, and to help us to endure. We hang on to each other.
It is evident to me that we are each given gifts and talents not for ourselves, but for each other. Each had a divinely inspired purpose.
It was no accident that we were all gathered at this time. It is not an accident that we are all in this family. We were sent to strengthen and lift each other through each of the trials that we face. Each of us is blessed to bring to the table something unique, and divine. I know I needed this! I am grateful for it!I think that the best part was getting so many hugs! I don't think I have had so many hugs! It makes me so happy!
I didn't get much more than my family on my camera...next time I will bring it out more & take more pictures. ha. But I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else got for pictures!!!


2 comments:

  1. It was great! Nice to see your photos. Some nice ones. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to be together. It was fun seeing your pictures and seeing what you got to do while your family was here. SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete