I have discovered that I cannot date people who remind me of
my "past" (you know what I mean?)
You know...as soon as similar mannerisms appear
That's the end...
somehow they seem less than attractive, and fall into the immediate category of "just friends"
Is that bad? pre-judging?
It's like I assimilate those mannerisms with lack of trust...
I can't do it.
Dating Philosophy #3.5:
It's possible I am too old to be in a BYU-Idaho singles ward
...I kind of miss the ward in Utah where there was a larger range in ages
maybe it's because I was younger then.
I am definitely feeling...
older.
Most people in these wards range from 19 - 23
(I know that's kind of a generalization)
I know there are guys my age here in Rexburg...
Good. Single. Available guys...
I was talking to a guy
...he looked about my age
he is actually 3 years younger than me...
When he found out my age he graciously moved on.
Now I am not saying that I don't find younger guys attractive
...it just makes me feel old especially with reactions like that.
back to the drawing board.
(haha. More to come.)
my "past" (you know what I mean?)
You know...as soon as similar mannerisms appear
That's the end...
somehow they seem less than attractive, and fall into the immediate category of "just friends"
Is that bad? pre-judging?
It's like I assimilate those mannerisms with lack of trust...
I can't do it.
Dating Philosophy #3.5:
It's possible I am too old to be in a BYU-Idaho singles ward
...I kind of miss the ward in Utah where there was a larger range in ages
maybe it's because I was younger then.
I am definitely feeling...
older.
Most people in these wards range from 19 - 23
(I know that's kind of a generalization)
I know there are guys my age here in Rexburg...
Good. Single. Available guys...
I was talking to a guy
...he looked about my age
he is actually 3 years younger than me...
When he found out my age he graciously moved on.
Now I am not saying that I don't find younger guys attractive
...it just makes me feel old especially with reactions like that.
back to the drawing board.
(haha. More to come.)
Note:
I chose to start writing these because I finally decided that it was simply time to put myself out there. This is the year. Time to adventure, and make friends. Time to date for real. I am tired of "hanging out." I am tired of feeling the way I do. I am tired of reflecting regrettably upon the decisions I have made to hold myself back in the past...so I am adventuring into the unknown world...gulp...of dating. I am simply going to do it. Most of these are in reply to the experiences that occur because of this outlandish decision. haha.
I chose to start writing these because I finally decided that it was simply time to put myself out there. This is the year. Time to adventure, and make friends. Time to date for real. I am tired of "hanging out." I am tired of feeling the way I do. I am tired of reflecting regrettably upon the decisions I have made to hold myself back in the past...so I am adventuring into the unknown world...gulp...of dating. I am simply going to do it. Most of these are in reply to the experiences that occur because of this outlandish decision. haha.
Keep it up. Feeling vulnerable is sure to be part of the adventure! We are rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteI know that this is NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR....but I love reading about your dating phil. because in a crazy way it makes me miss dating!:) Good luck! and keep us posted....I love living my younger years over through your blog!:)
ReplyDelete