Sunday, April 11, 2010

Whirlwind week.

I cannot even begin to tell ya'll how crazy this week has been...

I have been slightly waylaid by my recent back issue and as a result I fell behind in most of my classes. This week was the dreaded finals week...and as you can imagine it was nothing less than a bucket of stress...

I spent most of the previous week working on assignments, and prepping for this week - during conference I worked on writing music for my musicianship class, and I worked on final papers for another class...pretty much every spare moment has been school work...then monday came...and it was like the rain cloud split open and it began to pour! I worked on assignments all day up till about 1:30am...then I woke up the next day at 6am to get what I hadn't finished done, and then rush to class, and repeat the same day with different assignments getting to bed by 12:30, and getting up at 6:30

...then wednesday I took breaks only to finish up packing my room - which I can tell you now from experience - if you have back problems, even if they have seemed to coll down a little - moving can make them a whole heck of a lot worse...and that night I didn't sleep at all - I worked though the night on papers and projects...every several hours my brain would get fried...so I would take a few seconds and update my facebook status, and then go right back to work...I did take a few moments to scrub out drawers, and clean the shower

...thursday I finished most everything at about 8am, and then took out my book to study for a music history final at 10:30 - I showered just to wake myself up, and then went to the copy shop to get my project bound. I must have not been comprehending things right at that point - it was about noon at that time and I was going on 30 hours of no sleep - but the girl went behind the room divider and started talking about me. She apparently thought I looked at her like she was stupid, and was offended because of it - I had no idea that's the impression I gave as I was trying to explain what I needed. haha. Now that I look back at it, I just think it was silly...she had no idea that I heard her conversation - I thought about letting her know that it was rude, or writing in a letter, but I was so focused on getting what I needed to done that I simply left. I turned in assignments, and went to take my last final...which I bombed, but I was so happy that I had passed the Music History one earlier that I didn't even care.

I went home and shoved what was left of my stuff (with the help of a friend - at that point my back was hurting as bad as it did when I first got into the accident, and I was weak, the only think I'd eaten was a cookie my teacher brought to soften the blow of the final)...We were supposed to be on the road by 1pm, because we had a rider who was meeting his parents, and at that point it was 3, and I had been going non stop for 33 hours, with only 11 hours of sleep for the previous two days combined.

I hopped in the car (probably not good to drive in the state I was in, but somehow I made it alive) we drove to Idaho Falls where I parked my car, and hopped into Mike's car - I remember blackfoot, and then suddenly we were passing Mountain Home, and in an instant we were in Baker city...I am telling you the trip has never seemed so short!

I got a call from a roommate on the way home...apparently they didn't think that I did a good enough job on my clean check, and wanted me to call the office and let them know. haha...the only thing I could do about it now is laugh, and say I did the very best I could.

When I got home it wasn't over - although I was able to sleep a little, we hopped in the car and went to The Dalles to get things for the Baby Shower I was in charge of Saturday - I pretty much spent the whole day working on tying up loose ends for that - I really wanted it to turn out well - it was for a very dear friend of mine who is having her 1st! And I actually think the shower was a great success! Which was a relief, I had been planning games and things for it over the last few months, and it all came together pretty well.

I then came home, and officially crashed...then I got up wrote 1 last paper, and finished up a couple of assignments

...then I took a minute to write this blog...my sleeping schedule is all messed up now...so it's currently 2am. The point of all this...is that I discovered how much we are really capable of. We can despite pain, and frustration, and stress, and frustration, and complication, and...frustration...we can make it through. I really feel like this week I could not have done nearly as much as I did without divine assistance. With the Lord's help we are capable of moving not only hypothetical mountains, but literal ones - With His help, we can do anything.

4 comments:

  1. I remember finals week! It is never fun, especially not the ones when you move. But I have never done it with back pain and I can only imagine how hard it was! Glad you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my new hero Amy! Now get some sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete