Friday, March 6, 2009

Time to vent...

I hate being told that I am not good enough. I hate it...
I know I need to work harder, but I don't have time to practice any extra...

I have jury in 3 weeks, and I am so not prepared, and today my voice teacher let me know that she didn't think I was good enough to sing one of the songs in my repertoire... and maybe I am not...

I just find it so frustrating that I am working so hard, and it's still not even close to being good enough...

It really breaks my heart every time that I am rejected...and that has happened countless times, and I know is just a part of being in music...it still hurts, even when I can feel it coming.

I think that the worst part is that I reject myself sometimes before other people can reject me. I think that is the biggest reason that I get so nervous when I am trying to sing classical music...

So. that's the drama for today...
tomorrow is another day.

5 comments:

  1. Alas, there will always be critics! And not just in music!!! I am sorry you are discouraged, know that all artists go through that though and its true when they say, you are your own worst.
    I know that you are a wonderful daughter of God that was a given a great gift. I know that you bring so much joy when you sing-especially to your family.
    I know that there will be days like these...
    Heaven knows how many I've had! I'm proud of you for following your heart, after only one year at Ricks, I gave up. You are much stronger than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I had a roomie at college who was in art and her one art teacher told her over and over that she wasn't good enough to the point she found a new major. It broke my heart because she really was wonderful. Don't let anyone stand in the way of your dreams. Only you and your Heavenly Father know when you are good enough for something - everybody else's opinions are JUST opinions. Don't let them get you down.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear AmyJo, Keep your chin up! We all love to hear you sing. There is a beautiful ad I'd like you to watch, so I will try to post the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLlnq5yY7k Don't quit. I know it is hard on the nerves, but work will win when wishy washy wishing won't! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much!

    After a small pity party...and reading your comments...I have renewed hope. I wont give in. Thank you all so much for your support! It means more than I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AmyJo my dear, you are MORE than good enough for me :D I'm glad I got to see you the other day... can;t wait to hangout... SOON!

    ReplyDelete