The first date is like a long interview.
And all the while you are thinking...What can I ask that will help me best get to know this person. I try to avoid small talk, but alas on the first date...sometimes it is necessary.
Movies are somewhat awkward on a first date...because you are trying to watch the movie, and all the while being concerned about where you put your hands as to not give the wrong gesture...Ladies we don't want to move too fast. Hand holding is a 3-4th date affair.
While you are on the date you are trying to take everything in stride...I know we are not supposed to compare people, but when there is someone in your past who reminds you of someone who may become part of your future...is that grounds to compare?
I try to pass no judgment because first impressions are often misleading...however there were certain mannerisms that reminded me of another reckless relationship and brought back a flood of memories...and red flags that I missed in previous situations... I am not sure if these are premature...
Although I enjoy the first date setting...I think I would much rather meet someone for the first time on common ground rather than a first date. It would relieve much of the awkwardness...
and that's my philosophy.
More to come.
And all the while you are thinking...What can I ask that will help me best get to know this person. I try to avoid small talk, but alas on the first date...sometimes it is necessary.
Movies are somewhat awkward on a first date...because you are trying to watch the movie, and all the while being concerned about where you put your hands as to not give the wrong gesture...Ladies we don't want to move too fast. Hand holding is a 3-4th date affair.
While you are on the date you are trying to take everything in stride...I know we are not supposed to compare people, but when there is someone in your past who reminds you of someone who may become part of your future...is that grounds to compare?
I try to pass no judgment because first impressions are often misleading...however there were certain mannerisms that reminded me of another reckless relationship and brought back a flood of memories...and red flags that I missed in previous situations... I am not sure if these are premature...
Although I enjoy the first date setting...I think I would much rather meet someone for the first time on common ground rather than a first date. It would relieve much of the awkwardness...
and that's my philosophy.
More to come.
I think it is funny how all of our philosophies are different. If a boy didn't kiss me by date 2 or 3 I thought he didn't like me. :) Weird that we are all so different. I didn't LOVE 1st dates, but I did LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 1st kisses! I loved the butterflies in your tummy and the excitement of it all.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are dating alot and having a BLAST at college!
Love ya!
I'm with you Amy-Jo, I'm not sure where we got Natalie. :) (But I love her to pieces!)
ReplyDelete