Friday, March 13, 2009

What's your flavor?


I have to say that ice cream may be my ultimate comfort food...and I am not sure why...

I don't know if it's that it's sweet & creamy...
Or that sometimes it's chunky and I can relate...
Or Sprinkles that put a spring in your step...
Or maybe it's that sugar rush that comes and gives you a temporary brain freeze...no not that one...
It's one thing that isn't complicated...
Or the colors! Bubblegum is always so tempting just because it's bright pink!

But I really Love Ice Cream. LoVe IT!
Love it! is coincidentally my size at Cold Stone...
this I know after much trial and error...

When I was in Utah I would take myself out to Ice Cream & a Movie.
Going alone is liberating,
but going with friends is invigorating!

Ice Cream brings people together
And it somehow helps when you feel like you are going to fall apart.
It is something that I really feel I could not do well without.

I like different ice cream on different days too.
I am not sure if I correspond really consistently with moods, but
I just know that I could never really stick with one flavor for very long...
I do have several favorites...
and these have actually changed over the years
so after much thought and consideration
here is my ALL TIME top five flavors:

1. Cold Stone's Birthday Cake flavor
2. Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough
3. Baskin Robin's Baseball Nut (cashews with a berry swirl)
4. Reed's Dairy's Licorice
4.5. Albertson's Brand Mint Chocolate Chip (but it has cookie pieces)
5. Arctic Circle's Chocolate Cone

What's your flavor?

4 comments:

  1. So yeah...I say it all the time but really...I love you AmyJo. You are amazing and I really do miss you a ton! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reeds dairy licorice too, although its been about thirteen years since I've wrapped my tongue around its tasty experience.
    Sweet Post Cous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elyse! I Miss you SO much as well!
    It looks like you all are having a blast down there!

    Nanette -
    I think it's been about 5 for me...but it definitely leaves a lasting impression! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me old fashioned...My all time favorite ice cream is Farr's Rocky Road when it would come out of the huge 2 gallon container at my Grandpa Jacobson's house when I was little. I can still taste the excitement served with it.

    ReplyDelete