Update:
I PASSED MY JURY!!!
You might remember that I failed it last semester,
so I had to re-take the level...which was quite a hit to my confidence level. I was, during jury, able to perform better than I have ever performed classical music! Although still not to my full capability, it is getting closer. I decided that because only a fraction of what I can do in the practice rooms comes through in my performances, I simply need to increase my level of ability, and then more will be able to show through! (sounds easy...but it's not...I just wish I wasn't so terrified of performing classically. Someday I will get over it. I just refuse to let this stupid fear rule my life.)My vocal coach let me know that I passed yesterday when we were praparing to sing for Graduation!!!
She has been such an inspiration to me! I cannot say how much I have learned from this incredibly inspiring woman! My gratitude overflows when I think of all that she has done for me!
Also, I know that the graduation speech is usually for graduates, but I am pretty sure that they made a mistake, because this time there was a section just for me. I will graduate! If it takes me forever I don't care, because in the long run it will be worth it!
In other news...
This whole week has been school school school...I worked on finals pretty much straight from 7am every morning to 11:30 pm every night.
My last final was finished at 5:45 yesterday!!! woot!
Which gave me less than plenty of time to move out by noon today.
I stayed up till 3 a.m. packing and working on clean checks.
And I arrived at Grandma & Grandpa's house at about 2pm today. The plan is to stay with them for most of August.
Then after I have built up a financial storage for fall, I will be able to retreat into a wonderful hibernation at the home front.
This will by no means mean that I get to actually sleep through the rest of fall...
I plan to work, and spend most of my free time preparing to come back...I have lots of ear training work to do...and I am supposed to be working on my vocals every day. Also the basement needs walls...so I plan to be quite occupied!
But now that school is over until January, I will definitely have more time for blogging! Not that there will be much to report, because outside of school...my life is pretty boring.
Congrats!!! We knew you could do it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad, AmyJo!!! We all knew you would do it! You sounded so nice on the 4th. It is a pleasure to hear you sing.
ReplyDelete