Friday, May 29, 2009

I don't know what to do...


I found out yesterday...
that because I failed my jury last semester

It will put me in school for a whole extra year and a half!
to get my Bachelors of Music Education


Really. I am done with school. DONE!


No...not really. I like it
...I just don't want to be here forever because:

1. It's expensive
2. I want a "real" life
3. It's expensive
4. I don't feel dedicated enough
5. It's expensive, and I don't want debt

I can't really go into education unless I finish that extra course work


I don't know what else to do with a Bachelor of Science in Music...
but I can be finished with that by next summer...well actually I'd be finished with it now, I just have to fulfil a minor...
I could teach private lessons with that...but that won't sustain me for living expenses

I could go to grad school...but that's more school
Plus I don't know what I would do with that either.


I just...don't know!!!


I think I know what I want
...but I don't have enough courage to pursue it
...So I question...do I really want it?

I definitely know what I don't want
...and that is I don't want to be an eternal student
I don't want to graduate and get a mediocre job
because I don't have a specified degree


I need a career...a real legitimate career
I don't want to be in debt anymore.

I just don't really know what to do...

(thanks for listening to my needless rant.)

2 comments:

  1. Temple. Temple. Temple.
    You will feel good about any decision made there.
    Hang in there you are very loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AmyJo, I couldn't do it either. Different reasons, but so similar feelings. I finished my bachelor's degree in general family life, but didn't do the teaching certificate with it. Part of my reasoning was that I didn't love the idea of teaching school, but, just like your degree, the only people that hire my type are schools, or a few other scattered things. And then there is Nathan. His degree is in history. With an economics minor. Which is why he works in construction. But maybe what I am taking a long time to say is this, your schooling will be of benefit to you. Your bachelor's degree will be a benefit to you, no matter what else. If you really do know what you want, make a decision and take it to the Lord for ratification. If you really don't, finish up and start looking for what you really want. Things will work out. One day, one step at a time. Keep your chin up as best you can. Joy in the journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete